Friday, March 5, 2010

Week 26 Part 1 - Pencils, Nat'l Parks, 99%, DRA scores

Pencils
If you get a chance, spend a buck on one of those hand pencil sharpeners. When I was a kid, I never saw a custodian change a pencil sharpener. They seemed to last forever. I asked a custodian about this after I started teaching, and as I suspected, the quality of your typical classroom pencil sharpener has plummeted. My pencil sharpener is constantly jamming up or something like that. If you are able, go get one of those lovely hand sharpeners!

National Parks
On PBS, I saw part of the Ken Burns documentary about our National Parks: America's Best Idea. It was great. They often replay that sort of thing, so if you can see it do so. Website: www.pbs.org/nationalparks

99%
I told the students during our clean-up time that 99% of the time in my class, all you need is: notebooks, folders, pencils, red pen. So if they have all kinds of markers and glue and crayons and what not, they probably don't need the distraction!

DRA scores
I apologize profusely for not having those scores during conference time. All the conference prep just piled up so I couldn't get them checked. I will get scores to you as soon as I able!

Have a great spring-like weekend!!
nb


No comments:

Post a Comment