Thursday, September 18, 2014

9/18/14 - "I woke up" assignment

I woke up.  I ate breakfast.  I went outside.  There was a dog.  I followed him.  We were at the park. It showed me something.

Great story?  I think not.  Students were challenged to take this story and spiff it up a bit.

Here's what each class did (with a little help from me) with the following sentence:

I went to the store.

Mr. Balke's class:

Dave was sitting around his apartment one afternoon.  he thought, "I could really go for a cinnamon churro."  So he hopped on his Harley, and recklessly sped off to Costco in Coralville.

Mrs. Hall's class (I added more to this one):

Dave realized it was his one month anniversary with Sally.  He snuck away from the tailgater and jogged quickly ot Wal-Mart on Highway 6.  Dave burst in and looked frantically around for the floral section.  All that was left there were some wilted white roses, overprioced at $2.50 each.  He was desperate, bought them, and returned to the tailgater.