Thursday, September 26, 2013

9/26/13 - It's good to be back!

I feel like I've been gone for weeks!  But it's only been a few days. I guess those are the blessings/curses of medication!  I had an allergic reaction to an unknown allergen.  Mr. Rickels, Mrs. Fischer, and Mrs. Stika can easily hold down the fort in my absence and for that I am grateful.

A couple of items this morning:

Coming to school:  I understand that the weather is absolutely heavenly now that it's the crisp clear days of autumn in Iowa. But because of the cruel hard supervision issues, students should not come come any sooner that necessary.  We sure can build buildings in Iowa City, but we can't seem to hire people. Did I say that?  Ooops.  Anyway, what is "too early"?  I think it's quite possible that I have not communicated this so well (to parents, students know!!!).  8:25 is when we are bringing students in the hallowed halls of learning.  8:30 is the "tardy bell" (the funniest two words since I first laid eyes on them in 1970 as a youngster at "the late" Hoover Elementary).  Perfection would mean walk right up to the school at 8:24:59 and stroll right on in.  8:20 would be a good aim.  If your student walks up to school between 8:25-8:30, they should hustle right on to their rooms. If they come after8:30, the teacher will direct the students to the office to check in, sorry, that's a "tardy".

Conferences:  Impossible!  Too soon!  November 7th is the first day.  I will be sending some sign up sheets for those who need them and reminders for those who need them (and for those who don't need them for good measure).

Have a Splendid Day!!!